Propolis tincture is the bee glue preparation most often used in daily practice. It is widely used in the treatment of many diseases, especially those that are infectious in nature or are associated with damage to the mucous membranes and skin. The tool has a comprehensive healing effect on the body and activates its defenses.
- The healing properties of tinctures
- The use of propolis tincture for treatment at home
- Maintaining immunity
- Therapy of influenza and SARS
- Use propolis tincture for gargling, mouth rinsing and ear treatment
- Treatment of pathologies of the digestive system
- Getting rid of hypertension
- Improvement of skin and nails
The healing properties of tinctures
Water and alcohol tinctures of propolis are drugs that have therapeutic properties of a wide spectrum of action. They apply in the following cases:
- treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, the normalization of the gallbladder and liver,
- restoration of blood circulation in varicose veins and atherosclerosis,
- maintaining prostate function
- therapy of colds and other lesions of the respiratory system, sore throat and ear,
- healing of scratches, wounds, ulcers, bone fractures and sprains,
- removal of painful sensations of various etiologies (including muscles and joints) and inflammation, itching, reducing swelling,
- getting rid of insomnia, nervous tension, stress and migraines,
- fight against thrush and other fungal diseases of nature,
- oral hygiene,
- restoration and activation of immunity.
The use of propolis tincture for treatment at home
For home use are alcohol and water tinctures of propolis, which can be purchased at a pharmacy or prepared by yourself:
- The alcohol extract is stored much longer and has higher efficiency. For self-administration it is better to limit the preparation with a concentration of 10%.
- Water infusion of propolis is indicated for consumption by children, pregnant and lactating women, the elderly.
A warning: Treatment with folk remedies based on propolis at home should be coordinated with a specialist.
The recipe for making homemade propolis alcohol tincture
Propolis in the amount of 10-20 g should be cooled for one hour in the freezer, then crushed using a fine grater, put in a tinted glass dish, add 100 ml of alcohol and close tightly. The mixture is left at room temperature in the dark for 2 weeks, daily shaking it several times, after which the precipitate is drained and squeezed well. The finished tincture can be stored in the refrigerator for over a year.
Recipe for making homemade propolis water extraction
Propolis is cooled and finely rubbed, then poured into a thermos with boiling water in an amount of 10 g per 100 ml. The tincture is left for a day, then filtered and cleaned in the refrigerator. For quick cooking, the mixture can be boiled in a water bath for a quarter of an hour. It is necessary to use means within 7 days, and optimum - no more than 3 days.
With any method of using propolis preparations, their beneficial effect on the human immune system is noted. Bee glue is a natural antibiotic that can suppress the vital activity of pathogenic microorganisms, including viruses, bacteria, fungi and protozoa (trichomonas).
Acceptance of propolis tincture is indicated for the prevention of infectious diseases and raising immunity during the off-season and mass epidemics. The course begins with 1 drop of funds per day, adding one each day. When the number of drops reaches 30 (in a month), the volume of the preparation used is gradually reduced in the same way. The general course of treatment is about 2 months.
Therapy of influenza and SARS
At the first signs of a cold, it is helpful to add 25-30 drops of tincture to your morning tea and drink it in small sips. You can also roll small balls out of loose cotton, moisten them with 3-4 drops of propolis alcohol extract and lay them in your nostrils, then breathe, inhale the air with your nose and exhale through your mouth. In the ears, carefully place the same tampons rolled up from gauze, cover the ear canal with a dry layer of cotton wool and tie it with a clean towel or a scarf made of cotton cloth.
Prescription medication for the treatment of influenza and ARVI
Propolis tincture - 3 tbsp. l
Honey - 3 tbsp. l
Corn oil - 3 tbsp. l
Mix the ingredients of the composition according to the recipe, corn oil can be replaced with sea buckthorn or sunflower. It is necessary to use means since morning on an empty stomach on 1 tsp. within 14 days.
Recipe for rinsing the nose with a cold
Water - 1 cup
Propolis tincture - 0.5 tsp.
Salt - 0.5 tsp.
Thoroughly mix propolis extract and salt in a glass of warm boiled water, pour it into a special device for washing the nose or a small teapot with a long narrow spout. Insert the tip of the teapot into the nostril and tilt the head in the opposite direction - the liquid should go out through the second hole. The procedure must be performed for both sides alternately.
A prescription remedy for the treatment of bronchitis and strong cough
Milk warm, add to a third glass 1 tsp. propolis tincture, take immediately before bedtime. For children over 12 years old, you need to put only a third of a tsp on a glass of warm milk. bee glue preparation, 1 tsp. honey and a little butter.
A warning: A child under 12 years old cannot use propolis alcohol tincture, it is replaced with an aqueous extract or homemade natural propolis ointment.
Recipe for propolis ointment for internal use
Propolis - 10-15 g
Butter - 100 g
Propolis put in the freezer for 60 minutes, then finely rub. Melt the butter in a water bath, add bee glue to it, mix well and cook the mixture on low heat for about half an hour, periodically removing the foam. Strain the finished tool with gauze, wring out the sediment. Leave to cool for cooling at room temperature, then store in refrigerator for storage.
Use propolis tincture for gargling, mouth rinsing and ear treatment
Medicinal properties of propolis are actively used in dentistry. To get rid of stomatitis, strengthen gums and teeth, fight inflammation and relieve bleeding, you can rinse your mouth with a solution of 2 tsp. extracts of propolis 200 g of boiled water.
For sore throat, it is preferable to use a decoction or infusion of medicinal plants (St. John's wort, chamomile or sage), adding 30 drops of the drug to 1 cup of liquid. The procedure is performed 5-6 times per day.
The purulent inflammation of the middle ear can be cured by periodically inserting the bandages of the bandage soaked in propolis tincture for 20 minutes into the bandage previously cleaned from the discharge. When performing the procedure, great care must be taken not to disturb the integrity of the eardrum.
To stop inflammation in otitis, 2 drops of the drug are instilled into the ears 1 time per day. You can also combine propolis tincture with honey in equal quantities, mix well and use in the same way. In difficult cases, a mixture of extracts of bee glue and olive oil in a ratio of 1: 2 is prepared, shaken well and used for 15-20 days, dipping a gauze flage into the resulting emulsion and leaving it for 3 hours in the ear canal.
Treatment of pathologies of the digestive system
Acceptance of a simple remedy, consisting of 0.5 cups of milk and 25 drops of propolis tincture, in the morning and evening, shortly before the meal, greatly alleviates the condition of gastritis, duodenitis, and a stomach ulcer. For emergency help in case of poisoning, you can use half a cup of heated water with 25 drops of bee glue preparation.
For the treatment of diseases of the liver and gallbladder, propolis alcohol tincture is added in the amount of 20 drops to warm tea in the morning and evening for 7 days, after which a break for the same period and a repeated course is necessary.
Getting rid of hypertension
Propolis drugs can have a pronounced hypotensive effect, lower blood cholesterol levels and prevent the formation of atherosclerotic plaques. The simplest method of treatment is the use of 20% bee glue tincture in the amount of 20 drops three times a day 60 minutes before the meal. The duration of admission is about 4 weeks, after which you need to take a break for a fortnight. If necessary, the course of the use of tincture can be repeated immediately after a pause.
Drink recipe for the treatment of mild hypertension
It is necessary to prepare a mixture of 50 g of lingonberry juice and 20 drops of 30% alcoholic propolis tincture. The drug is required to be taken three times a day half an hour before a meal, the beneficial effect becomes noticeable after 14 days.
Recipe for a comprehensive blood pressure stabilizer
Hawthorn and wild rose berries - 4 pieces
Aronia berries - 3 pieces
Dill seeds - 2 parts
Alcohol tincture of propolis (30%)
Mix the ingredients thoroughly, place 3 tbsp. l collection in a thermos, insist in 1 liter of boiling water for 3 hours. The drink must be taken 200 g, adding 20 drops of propolis tincture, three times a day before meals.
Improvement of skin and nails
Simple smearing propolis tincture of the affected skin several times a day is used for the following diseases:
The properties of propolis tincture to heal damage to the epithelial tissue and provide an antiseptic effect are in demand in cosmetology. To improve the condition of oily skin and acne treatment, it is enough to add a few drops of the drug to the cream just before applying it. Liquid for cleansing can be prepared by diluting the product with boiled water by half. It is also permissible to enrich with bee glue cosmetic compositions for washing (foam, milk) that do not contain alcohol.
A warning: Dry and sensitive skin can react with the appearance of itching and redness on the use of products containing alcoholic propolis tincture, or its use in undiluted form.
Nail plate lesions caused by a fungus require treatment with 20% alcohol tincture of propolis. Cotton wool is moistened in undiluted preparation and tightly applied to the patient's nail until it is completely dry. The procedure must be performed daily until it comes down entirely, which will take time and patience.
In the use of propolis, as well as any beekeeping product, it is important to strictly observe the dosages indicated in the recipes. Side effects from its use can be dizziness, a decrease in pressure relative to normal values, a heart rhythm disorder, and a breakdown. In this case, the drug should be stopped immediately.
Strict contraindications to the use of propolis tincture are individual intolerance and allergies. The use of alcohol tinctures is prohibited during pregnancy, breastfeeding, as well as for young children. Caution should be exercised in the presence of pathologies of the liver, bile duct, kidney disease, pancreatitis and malignant neoplasms.
Varieties of infusions
The curative effect on the human body of all beekeeping products has been scientifically confirmed. Propolis has the ability to improve immunity, effectively fight colds, restore normal functioning of internal systems. But before you treat your body with a unique product, you must carefully study the benefits and harms of propolis tincture.
In folk medicine, demand for several tinctures of propolis. Depending on the disease, age of the patient and his condition, a variety of the recommended medication is selected. In therapeutic practice, such tinctures are used.
- Alcohol. The product has the maximum amount of nutrients. Pharmaceutical preparation is made on the basis of purified ethyl alcohol. In the home apply vodka, sometimes moonshine. The drug is classified according to the concentration of propolis: 10%, 15%, 20%. It is on the concentration depend on the indications for the use of such a drug. Most often, a 10% solution is prescribed for internal administration.
- Oily. Such a product is in demand in the treatment of cancer and many other pathologies of the digestive system.
- Water. This tool has a sparing effect on the body. Therefore, the use of propolis tincture on water is indicated for small children, pregnant women, elderly persons.
- On milk. This product has a short shelf life. Therefore, prepare the tool immediately before use.
Medicinal properties of propolis tincture
The healing properties of propolis tincture are dictated by the main component, bee glue. It is this substance that provides the drug with vitamins, enzymes, fatty acids and many other components. Regardless of the type of tincture, it provides the following effects.
- Disinfectant. The product is a natural antiseptic.
- Regenerating. The drug at the cellular level restores soft tissue. It accelerates the healing of any wounds and activates the process of epithelialization.
- Firming. The product saturates the body with useful components. This allows you to significantly strengthen the immune system and enhance the natural protection.
- Anti-inflammatory. Propolis provides relief of all inflammations in the body and, if the problem is provoked by bacteria or viruses, completely eliminates it.
- Anesthetic Tincture quickly eliminates cramps and pain. Traditional medicine recommends its use to reduce itching and burning.
- Antibacterial. The tool shows high efficiency against all types of bacteria.
- Antifungal. Tincture eliminates protozoa and fungus. As a result, the drug allows you to quickly get rid of mycoses.
- Antiviral. The drug is able to arrest the reproduction in the body of any viruses and completely destroy them. As a preventive measure, it can prevent the development of a cold.
- Antitoxic. With the help of propolis, it is possible to effectively cleanse the body of harmful components that poison a person.
Indications for use
Due to the multiple beneficial properties, the tincture is recommended for use in a wide variety of pathologies, from banal acute respiratory viral infections and ending with such severe ailments as malignant neoplasms. Of course, the use of funds is possible only after the approval of therapy by a doctor and as an auxiliary, and not the main treatment.
Doctors give such indications for the use of propolis tincture.
- Diseases of the digestive tract. There is a demand for medication for gastritis, colitis, duodenitis, ulcerative lesions. It is used in the treatment of non-viral hepatitis, chronic pancreatitis.
- Colds and pathologies of the respiratory system. The drug will bring tangible benefits in the treatment of tonsillitis, ARVI, sinusitis. According to reviews of the treatment with propolis tincture, the remedy effectively eliminates rhinitis, acute respiratory infections, influenza, otitis, bronchitis. May be taken to treat asthma, but only under the supervision of a doctor, and pneumonia.
- Pathology of the heart, blood vessels. Use propolis for the treatment of hypertension, atherosclerosis. Recommended reception funds for increased fragility of blood vessels.
- Dental disorders. Tincture is able to relieve acute toothache. It is recommended to be used for the treatment of periodontal disease, stomatitis.
- Ailments of the nervous system. The drug improves the emotional background, helps reduce nervous excitability, helps in the treatment of depression, various nervous failures.
- Pathology of the reproductive system. The tool helps to deal with both female and male diseases of the genitourinary system. The drug is taken in gynecology for myoma, inflammation. It is effective in the treatment of prostatitis, infectious pathologies of the urogenital system.
- Dermatological problems. The drug will be effective in the treatment of psoriasis, eczema, fungal infections of the nails and skin, dermatitis, alopecia.
It is not necessary to buy ready-made tincture at the pharmacy. Healing tool can be created independently. But before you make propolis tincture at home, you need to consider two important points.
- The choice of raw materials. Particular attention should be paid to the quality of propolis. It is best to purchase the product from familiar beekeepers. It can be infused with milk, vodka, alcohol or moonshine. Such products must also be of high quality, without the addition of other chemicals.
- Cleansing propolis. Even the highest quality raw materials contain various inclusions of unnecessary components. Поэтому прополис обязательно очищают от них. Для этого продукт охлаждают в течение часа в холодильнике. Затем его натирают на терке или разбивают молотком, предварительно завернув в ткань. Мелкие частицы (около 2 мм) опускают в прохладную воду.15-20 minutes is enough, and excess substances will float to the surface, and the grains of propolis will sink to the bottom. Now it is important to carefully drain the water with impurities, without hitting a healthy sediment.
Depending on the disease recipe tincture may vary slightly. Experts recommend preparing alcohol infusions like this:
- 10% - you need 10 g of propolis and 90 ml of alcohol (70%),
- 20% - propolis take 20 g, and the amount of alcohol is reduced to 80 ml,
- 30% - need 30 g of propolis and 70 ml of alcohol.
- Propolis - 10 g,
- alcohol (70%) - 90 ml or vodka - 50 ml.
- The crushed raw materials are placed in a dark bottle.
- Pour alcohol.
- Capacity tightly clog and insist means for ten days.
- It is advisable to move the bottle in a dark place.
- Every day, the mixture is shaken five to six times a day.
- On day 11, the mixture is refrigerated for 12 hours.
- Then filter.
- water (distilled, boiled) - 100 ml,
- Propolis - 50 g
- Water tincture is prepared in a water bath.
- Water is heated to 80 ° C.
- Medicinal nuggets are poured into the hot liquid.
- The mixture continues to warm up, not allowing boiling, for one hour.
- After removing from the heat, the solution is infused for about six hours and then filtered.
Tincture on milk
- fresh milk - 500 ml,
- Propolis - two tablespoons.
- In milk pour crushed propolis.
- The mixture is put on a small fire (it is better to use a water bath).
- Cook the tool with constant stirring, not bringing it to a boil.
- When the mixture becomes homogeneous, it is removed from the heat and allowed to cool on its own.
- Top of the wax is formed, which must be carefully removed.
- Then drink filtered through cheesecloth.
- propolis alcohol tincture - 100 ml,
- sea buckthorn oil - 100 ml.
- Both components are mixed.
- The solution is put in a water bath and wasted until all the alcohol has evaporated.
- The resulting mixture is sealed in bottles of opaque glass and sent to the refrigerator for storage.
One tablespoon of the alcohol drug is dissolved in a glass of water. This solution is good gargling. Repeat the procedure recommended up to five to six times a day. If tonsillitis is covered with purulent “plugs” in case of sore throat, rinse is combined with treating the inflamed glands with oil extract.
To fight herpes, blood purification is necessary. To do this, daily, within one month, take a diluted tincture:
- in half a glass of water 20 drops of propolis are diluted,
- use the remedy once a day, in the morning and only on an empty stomach.
In order to eliminate herpes on the lips, it is recommended to strengthen internal use by external use. Undiluted tincture wipe the affected area several times a day.
From inflammations "like a woman"
When inflammatory or infectious processes occurring in the urogenital system of a woman, douching is recommended:
- take one tablespoon of alcoholic propolis,
- dissolve it in a liter of water,
- douching is carried out daily, once a day, for one decade.
To gain a slim figure, it is recommended to take one teaspoon of tincture every morning, on an empty stomach.
- The medicine must be washed down with a glass of water.
- Breakfast can be started 15-20 minutes after taking the funds.
- Losing weight to be effective is important to review and diet.
- In a basin of hot water pour a tablespoon of alcoholic propolis.
- The limb on which the skin or nails fungus appeared is recommended to be steamed for ten minutes in this treatment solution.
- After the procedure, the skin is abundantly oiled with propolis oil.
- It is recommended to apply compresses on the affected areas. For this gauze swab moistened with propolis tincture of 20%. Compress change as it dries.
Stir a tablespoon of butter with the same amount of alcohol tincture and one teaspoon of honey. The mixture is slightly heated and consumed hot. After taking the means to go to bed.
For children under the age of 12, it is best to take cough tincture with milk. It is recommended to use a teaspoon of the drug three times a day. This product can even relieve pertussis and bronchitis. Take the drug is allowed only for one week.
Purified nasal passages should be instilled with an aqueous solution, two to five drops. This procedure is repeated five times a day. In addition, when sinusitis is necessary to wash the cavity. To prepare the solution for washing in a glass of water, dilute half a teaspoon of salt and the same amount of alcohol tincture.
To get rid of acne it is recommended to add a few drops of alcohol tincture to add to the night or day cream. The resulting product is applied to the face, exclusively on the problem areas, twice a day.
To protect your hair from falling out, you need to daily pour propolis tincture into your scalp. Used for this treatment 30% solution. The event is repeated within two weeks.
To ensure quality treatment and protect the body from the harmful effects, you need to know how to take propolis tincture orally, in what doses, and remember about the allergenic properties of the product. Therefore, it is possible to begin therapy only after conducting an individual sensitivity test.
Bowel treatment with propolis
Apitherapists believe that medical products can cure any disease of the gastrointestinal tract. They are recommended to chew, drink in the morning on an empty stomach, put in candles, make lotions, put ointments on the anus. Drinking is taken before eating so that propolis covers the internal organs with a thin layer and normalizes the digestive process.
Most intestinal diseases are accompanied by a lack of appetite, for therapeutic purposes they prescribe a strict diet. Bee glue also contains all the trace elements needed daily by the human body. Propolis milk is highly effective even with bowel cancer. It relieves, slows the growth of the tumor.
Cough caused by different reasons. These are infections, ingestion of foreign substances into the respiratory throat, effects on receptors, etc. In case of pharyngitis, it is better to inhale and rinse, apply ointment (tincture + glycerin). For the treatment of angina and flu, chewing and dissolving propolis is more efficient. In order not to feel the peculiar taste of the tincture, a piece of sugar is impregnated with it.
The solution for rinsing: a tablespoon of Hypericum pour a glass of boiling water, leave for 30 minutes, filter, add 50-60 drops of propolis.
Medicinal milk is easy to prepare yourself, would be at hand tincture and milk. It is advisable to drink the composition in the form of heat. It is prescribed for almost all diseases. The combination with milk makes the assimilation of multi-component propolis easier and faster.
Propolis milk helps to avoid colds during the spring and autumn exacerbations of acute respiratory infections and colds. Having drunk a glass of hot milk for the night, you can be sure that insomnia and disturbing dreams will not prevent you from fully relaxing. Children can literally add a couple of drops of tincture. This will prevent infection from other children in kindergarten or school.
Treatment of angina / tonsillitis with propolis
It is more effective to treat any catarrhal disease in a complex way, using the medicine both inside and out. Propolysis-containing drugs can stop the inflammatory process in the palatine tonsils, relieve pain in the throat, kill the infection in the respiratory tract, relieve cough. You can spray your throat, inhale and rinse, apply compresses, chew and dissolve propolis. Everyone is able to make “candy” with propolis for cough - drip the tincture into pieces of refined sugar.
Treatment of endometriosis with propolis
Despite the fact that the causes of this pathology have not yet been precisely determined, medical products are used in its treatment. This allows you to normalize the menstrual cycle, stop blood loss, relieve pain, improve sex life, avoid a course of hormonal therapy, which gives unpredictable side effects.
Tincture is used for douching (in a diluted form), propolis ointment or suppository is injected directly into the vagina, washed with aqueous extract. Lack of treatment for chronic endometriosis will lead to infertility.
Propolis for acne
Acne is caused by inflammation of the hair follicles or sebaceous glands. Bee glue has anti-inflammatory effect on the skin, eliminates the unpleasant sensations in the affected area. Acne can disfigure not only the face, but the whole body. Alcohol tincture slightly "burns" the wound, redness disappears and the epidermis cells are regenerated.
The recipe for making a mask with clay: mix a spoonful of cosmetic clay, 2 spoons of pure warm water, a teaspoon of lemon juice, half a teaspoon of propolis tincture and olive oil. Hold for 15 minutes, then rinse.
The recipe for making masks with aloe: mix a tablespoon of honey, 10 drops of aloe juice and 10 drops of tincture. Keep for 20 minutes, rinse with cool water only.
Propolis has incredible healing power, it is easy to recycle and apply for treatment.
Note on the dissolution of propolis in water and oil (fats)
In order for propolis to be diluted more strongly in water or oil, it is necessary to heat this product. However, open fire is contraindicated to him, because already at 85 C the substance becomes useless, since it loses its healing properties. That is why they use a water bath that protects propolis from high temperatures.
The peculiarity of this technology is to place a container (porcelain, or of heat-resistant glass, but in no case metal, or Plexiglas), which will be heated composition, inside the other, with water. The outer container is set on fire, and the water layer serves as a kind of thermal barrier. It is not necessary to heat alcohol mixtures, as they quickly evaporate, moreover, they possess properties that do not require a temperature increase for dissolving bee glue. The only thing that is required in this case is to shake it up sometimes.
All ingredients should be mixed in a container that is placed in a water bath.
It is worth at least twenty minutes to warm the mixture, although it is better to spend half an hour to cook it well.
All this time it is necessary to mix the slush with a wooden spoon or wand. Do not forget that the use of metal objects is harmful to obtain a quality final product.
After the specified period is over, the solution should be filtered with a triple layer of bandage, or gauze from a heavy sediment. Exhaust bee glue can be saved for two weeks in the usual section of the refrigerator. You can use it both externally and internally, to carry out gargling, but the rules can not be neglected. The prepared liquid can be used in the treatment of various diseases, from the common cold to stomach ulcers.