The advantages of planting cucumbers in the greenhouse:
- Planting cucumbers in the greenhouse provides early harvest. And in order to extend the cucumber season, you can plant several pieces in the open ground, then they will consistently give the crop.
- You can plant long varieties of lettuce cucumbers that do not plant in open ground in many regions. The plant itself is high, the peel of a vegetable is very thin, so if the cucumber lies on the ground, it will simply rot.
- Cucumbers, tied up in a greenhouse, have a uniform green color, without yellow sides, as when landing in the ground.
Therefore, if there is an opportunity to establish such a useful thing as a greenhouse on a plot, then it is better to do it, and cucumbers planted in it will please with an early and amicable yield of the crop.
Preparation of greenhouse and soil for planting
Usually experienced gardeners are preparing a greenhouse for the next season already in the autumn after the elimination of the otter-bearing bushes and digging of the green manure, but if there is not enough time, then you can do this in early spring during the thaw (March).
The greenhouse is well washed inside, and after that the smoke bombs are lit, which are needed to destroy all the remaining pests, so that they do not have a chance to hibernate in the ground.
You can consider these events in more detail.
- Washing the greenhouse. It is a laborious matter, however, not costly. It is necessary to dilute the soap in the water and with this solution carefully wash all parts of the structure inside. If last season there were serious problems associated with specific pests, then the solution should be added to the solution, which will kill them.
- Processing smoke bombs. After purchasing the required number of checkers (the calculation depends on the cubic volume of the greenhouse, the standard check is designed for 10 m 3) they are lit in a clean greenhouse, closing it. Usually in the package there is a checker and a wick to it, with the help of which it is set on fire. When the checkers burn out completely, they are thrown away and the greenhouse is aired. During this treatment, it is not recommended to enter and open the greenhouse. It usually lasts about 4 days.
It is also necessary in the greenhouse to prepare the soil and form the beds. These activities are usually held in the fall, but it can also be in early spring.
For fertilizing the soil, it mixes with peat and humus, you can also add mineral fertilizers.
All this is well digged and covered with a layer of earth so as to form a ridge with a smooth surface.
Between the rows should be observed distance of 70 ... 80 cm, not less. In such conditions, planted cucumbers will be illuminated by sunlight evenly and well ventilated.
The first stage immediately before planting seeds is their preparation. It includes prophylactic treatment against diseases. Thus, you can soak them in a solution of "Fitosporin". This tool is a fungicide, that is, prevents the possible occurrence of various rot and other fungal diseases of the bushes.
In order to increase the germination rate and speed of seed germination, they can be soaked in “Kornevine” or “Kornesile”.
Next, you need to decide whether to immediately plant the seeds in the greenhouse or use the seedling method. It is clear that in the second case the harvest will be received earlier, but it is worth considering both ways.
Method I. Rassadny
There are two options for sowing: plant seeds into dry soil or resort to germination again, to accelerate the growth of seedlings. In the first case, you will need a primer and a shallow container with drain holes.
- Cover the soil in it and draw parallel lines along the length of the container with a pencil, leaving a gap of 2 cm between them, it is good to shed indentations.
- Plant seeds in a line with a distance of 1 cm between them and cover with earth until a flat surface is formed.
- Above the ground, you can once again spray with a spray gun.
- Wrap the entire container in a plastic bag and put in a dark warm place.
- It is necessary every day to look at this place and check whether cucumbers have risen.
- As soon as at least one germ appears, the entire container is exposed to light.
- When the seedlings will have three leaves, then it can be transplanted into new pots.
When germinating seeds will need a saucer, gauze (cotton) and glass. Wet gauze, folded in several layers, and put in a saucer. Spread cucumber seeds on top and cover all with a piece of glass so that the water does not evaporate. Daily spray can moisten gauze. Germinated seeds sprout in 2 ... 3 days. Then they are planted immediately in separate pots.
Often when planting by seedlings, the seedlings themselves are drawn out and become long and weak. This is because they lack light. Therefore, most likely, it may be necessary to light up the phytolamp.
In addition, there are funds from the sprawling seedlings. One of them is called “Athlete”. It is simply diluted in water and, when watered, is brought under the root. The seedling is ready for planting in the ground within three weeks after germination, and knowledge of this fact will help to correctly calculate the time for sowing or germinating seeds.
Method II Direct sowing
There are also two options: first germinate and plant or plant dry seeds. It is clear that with the first option the process of getting the seedlings will be faster.
As described above, you do not need to wait long for results - after a couple of days you can start planting sprouts.
The second option is simpler in technology, but the germination is long. For the direct planting of seeds, holes are made with a finger in the garden, each of which is shed.
The seed is placed in the hole with the flat side and covered with a hole to obtain a flat surface. Of course, germination is better because at least you can see which seeds will emerge.
When planting dry seeds, there is a high probability that it will be necessary to plant seeds into holes, which are formed due to the fact that not all seeds have grown.
An important criterion when planting seedlings or seeds is to maintain the distance between future bushes of 40 cm or even half a meter. The fact is that thickened planting will negatively affect their productivity.
It should also be borne in mind that the timing of their planting in an unheated greenhouse depends on the region to which the site is located.
The optimum temperature for growing cucumbers is a temperature of 13 0 C at night inside the greenhouse.
In connection with this landing range from late April to early May. Why exactly this temperature? Just because if the temperature is lower at night, the cucumbers stop growing.
Bush Formation and Garter
When the seedling reaches a height of 25 cm, you can tie it to a metal trellis stretched from above.
- Tightening the knot on the plant too much is not recommended, as it is very easy to damage a still not strong stem.
- Tightening the rope itself is not necessary either, but also to prevent it from wobbling.
- As the plant grows, it is gradually twisted around a stretched rope.
The formation of the bush begins when the sixth true leaf appears on it and represents the pinching of the top of the stem. When performing this operation, side shoots will begin to actively develop. They are usually left in a free form until the ovaries appear, and then gently hooked to the main stem by antennae. With such a formation, the bush will be more productive. Then pinch and side shoots.
Many varieties require vertical formation of shoots.
The first cucumber fertilizer is carried out to gain green mass and speedy growth, so it must contain nitrogen.
Superphosphate from mineral and chicken manure or manure from organic substances is used as such top dressing.
During flowering, you can spray the flowers with a solution of the "Ovary", and feed the bush itself with wood ash, spreading it in water, or simply scattering it under a bush.
The third dressing is needed during the period of active fruiting and should contain in most of the potassium. And to increase the duration of fruiting, again bring ashes.
To maintain the temperature and humidity in the greenhouse during the day, it is opened for ventilation and closed at night. Regular airing will prevent the development of plant diseases.
Harvesting cucumbers should be done at least once every two days. In the period of the main fruiting, you need to harvest every day.
In order for cucumbers not to overgrow (their taste qualities change and do not look like varietal), as well as for the normal development of new curated cucumbers (an old cucumber hanging on a bush for a long time will take a lot of power grow). Therefore, fruit picking must be timely.
Diseases and pests of cucumbers in the greenhouse
Due to non-observance of the rules of care, laying poor-quality land in the greenhouse, sudden changes in day and night temperatures can cause diseases of cucumbers.
The most common of them are rot: white, gray, root collar, caused by fungi, pathogens, as well as anthracnose, bacteriosis and powdery mildew.
In order to prevent these diseases from occurring, it is necessary to acquire hybrids resistant to them, and soak the seeds before planting in a solution of the fungicide.
Also during the whole season, it is recommended to carry out preventive spraying of diseases and the removal of all sick and unhealthy leaves.
And at the end of the season to plant sideratov for recovery and fertilization of the soil.
After harvesting and eliminating the bushes, mustard, white lupine, phacelia, and other seeds are scattered on the ground in the greenhouse.
After sowing, the seeds from above are covered with a small amount of soil. Siderates very quickly gaining a green mass. Without waiting for the flowering of these crops, they mow and dig up along with the ground. This procedure will protect against the reappearance of the disease next year.
There are also a lot of lovers to feast on plantings: there are enough types of cucumber pests in the greenhouse, but the most annoying of them are the whitefly and aphid.
The appearance of the first in the greenhouse is not difficult to notice: although it is small, it has a characteristic white color and when shaking the bush flies off.
But aphid hides from the back of the leaves, so you need to periodically inspect them.
Pest control can be carried out by chemical means of protection or folk remedies. Their choice and effectiveness depend on the specific pest and their quantity.
Summarizing, we can highlight basic recommendations and tips for getting high-yielding cucumber bushes.
- For greenhouses, it is best to choose parthenocarpic varieties that do not require pollination. This is important because few people will let bees into their greenhouse for better pollination.
- If the seeds are collected, and not purchased, they give the highest yield when they are planted 3-6 years after harvest. That is why, in addition to the name of the variety, it is necessary to write the year of collection of seeds on a pack.
- In addition to root dressings, you can use foliar, which usually represent the spraying of bushes. If there are a lot of them, then in order not to spend a lot of time on this, some gardeners place buckets of organic fertilizers diluted with water. They will burn there and release all the necessary substances into the air.
- Experienced gardeners, instead of using many supplements, give yeast to cucumbers. Surprisingly, the bushes are growing "just like yeast." However, I want to say that when using them, a lot of nitrogen is released, so they are mixed with potassium and phosphorus-containing substances.
Soil preparation and seed selection
- But when germinating seeds and forming seedlings, each novice vegetable grower must understand that during the first selection more than 1/3 of all seeds are sifted out. Consequently, the amount of material must meet the needs of the grower.
- Cucumbers in a greenhouse are usually formed in one stem. Therefore, for 4-5 days, you can make a garter plants to the wire pre-stretched over a number. Grown stalk plants will have to constantly twist around the string. To stop the branching and excessive growth of the plant, nip the plant. The head should be pinched no earlier than the stalk will outgrow the wire trellis by 20-30 cm. But the lateral sprouts are pinched like this: the lower shoots are completely destroyed, as they are rarely fruitful, and if they bear fruit, they are ugly vegetables. Starting from the fifth shoot, pinching will be made on the first leaf. Shoots in the middle part of the stem pinch over the second leaf. And here is the upper part, at the wire, above the third sheet.
Cucumbers require constant attention. Care is the following manipulations:
Cucumbers in the greenhouse quickly go into growth, and very soon their stems begin to need different additional support. For this purpose, trellis made of cord or wire is most often used, which is pulled along each row at a height of 150-200 cm. Twine is fixed to each trellis to the trellis, and the culture is carefully tied at a height of 10-15 cm above the ground with a free loop. In addition, there are other ways to grow cucumbers vertically.
- Cucumber is a favorite vegetable of many, which is not only tasty, but also very healthy. It is not surprising that many gardeners are ready to grow this crop year-round, using a greenhouse and greenhouse. In order to achieve an excellent harvest, you need to know a few important rules: what is the best choice of seeds, when to plant cucumbers and how to properly care for them.
- Consists in tying lashes on supports (trellis), feeding with ash and other potash fertilizers, pruning or pinching (depending on the
- Simply burned. Thermometers for measuring the temperature of air and soil installed in
- Place fresh manure in a high elongated bed in
- Soaked cucumber seeds in the photo
- As soon as the cucumbers in the greenhouse zaplodonaut, the fruit will need to be removed every day to prevent over-ripening and overloading of the entire plant.
- Fortunately, there are a large number of those at the moment. As a rule, gardeners choose one or another plant variety, based on several requirements: the shape and size of cucumbers, fruiting time, taste, further economic use of the fruit, the location of the ovaries.
- Regular watering
- Remove the first cucumbers quickly - it stimulates fruit formation.
- Cucumber seeds, like almost all others, are best processed before sowing.
Greenhouse with cucumbers
- Greenhouse for cucumbers
- To start planting cucumber seeds in the greenhouse you need to know the timing. To plant germinated seeds initially you need to separate small containers filled with nutrient soil, the sprout will quickly develop and after a few weeks the stalk system will begin to develop. If the earliest cucumbers are planted in the first days of March, then the seeds should be planted two or three weeks before.
- The range of cucumbers for greenhouses is very wide, besides, breeders are not going to stop and continue to bring new varieties. That is why it is rather difficult to list them all. But you can select the most popular varieties that are best suited for the domestic climate.
- Fertilizer application
- After making the listed components, the beds are raked.
- The formation of the bush begins after the appearance of 8-10 true leaves. At this time, produce "blinding" - pinching in the lower nodes of the new lateral shoots. In the following nodes (usually 5-6 nodes) shoots pinch on 1 cucumber and leaf. After that, the side shoots pinch on 2-3 leaves or fruit. After reaching the growth of the tapestry, the main whip is twisted around it a couple of times, tied and pinned.
- The land in which they will plant cucumbers must meet such requirements as:
- ) Pest and disease control
- As well as regular daytime airings
- . The width of the beds - 1 m, length - as you like. Place a layer of fertile, loose soil on top of the bed - at least 25 cm. Water it copiously.
- Planting cucumbers in the greenhouse in the form of seeds should not be, because the root system is still poorly developed and the probability of "survival" is incredibly low.
Avoid drafts in the greenhouse. It is recommended to open a greenhouse only if the temperature in it exceeds +30 ° C, and only on one side.
Balagan. This is a whole group of varieties, which includes some of the most popular self-pollinated hybrids: Urban Gherkin, Kolibri, Calendar, Balcony, Machaon. These varieties are very hardy and tasty, can be intended for preservation and for eating in raw form.
Ways of arrangement of beds
Planting cucumbers in the greenhouse is carried out either with the help of seeds, or with the help of seedlings. Gardeners willingly share their experiences in various forums, so
Planted cucumbers in the greenhouse need very careful care. For watering use warm water. In winter, it is recommended to water the crop on a sunny morning. With the onset of warm days, watering is done 2 times a week, and on sunny days it is increased to 3-4 times. Soil moisture should be at a level of 60-80%. Помимо этого, необходимо производить неглубокое рыхление. Это поддержит воздухопроницаемость почвы и предотвратит загнивание корней. Теплицу нужно регулярно проветривать. После установления стабильной теплой погоды оставляют теплицу открытой на целый день.
CucumberGreenhouse and greenhouses
If the greenhouse is made of polycarbonate, then the planting of cucumbers from seeds should be carried out in cleaned and fertilized soil. In order to see how the whole process of planting cucumbers takes place in a greenhouse, you should familiarize yourself with the video material proposed below.
The soil should not be very wet otherwise the cucumbers in the greenhouse will die.
- Garter and bush formation.
- It is easy to choose the most suitable method of landing
- As a feed you can use ready-made mineral fertilizers or use infused infusion of nettle, chicken manure and mullein. During the whole season, this culture is recommended to be fertilized no more than 5 times.
Excellent absorption and throughput.
- And harvesting. We wrote in detail about
- Help maintain an optimal temperature. This temperature is for
- Cucumber seeds (hybrids and cucumber varieties for greenhouses
- Direct preparation of cucumber seeds for planting in greenhouse conditions requires extensive experience. It will not be so easy for a young vegetable grower to do it on his own. It will be necessary to conduct a number of preparatory moments. Remember the nutritional feeding and the time and period of planting seeds in the ground. Read the review of what kind of cucumber most productive for the greenhouse.
Do not plant plants too thickly.
Forming a bush, care and pest control
This self-pollinated cucumber variety is precocious - the first fruits can be harvested at 44-47 day.
Water cucumbers in the greenhouse can only be warm water.
For your site.
Close to neutral reaction.
Choosing a place for the greenhouse, See below), evenly distributing
Attention! To plant cucumber seeds in the greenhouse should use the first half of the day. And the best time for this will be from 8 to 11 o'clock in the afternoon.
Correctly form cucumbers in the greenhouse.Courage is resistant to many diseases and gives a fairly high yield. The sizes of a fruit reach 14 cm.In winter, watering is done in the morning.
Each method has its advantages and disadvantages. If you sow the seeds immediately, there is a risk of getting a large number of barren flowers. Such plants in the future will not give fruit.
The main problem of greenhouse cucumbers is peronosporosis, powdery mildew, wireworms, mites, aphids, ants, thrips and germs of the germ fly. To combat them, there are many ready-made effective drugs and products prepared according to popular recipes. Also, timely preventive measures will be used to protect the crop from dangerous pests and diseases, due to which cucumbers grow healthy in greenhouses and give a rich harvest."Ganata".Experts believe that the best soil for a greenhouse or greenhouse will be a mixture of fresh humus and soddy soil.