Grapes From time immemorial, it grew in the southern regions of our country.
However, the emergence of industrial viticulture is associated with the beginning of the 17th century - the period of laying the specialized gardens in the annexed territories from the Caspian Sea to the Sea of Azov.
There was an attempt to break the grape garden near Moscow, but every winter the saplings brought from Kiev and Chuguev had to be carefully covered with matting and spruce branches. This garden did not last long.
The article discusses the Timur grapes in detail, as well as a full description of the variety and photo of the fruit.
It is not by chance that the leading center for the selection of new hybrid forms of grapes is located in the historical zone of viticulture of Russia.
VNIIViV them. Potapenko has existed in Novocherkassk since 1936 and during this time he registered in the State Register more than 50 varieties of this crop, 21 - of its own selection. Among them, the fame are Harold, Red Delight, Pearl and Denisovsky.
The goal of research - to promote grapes in the northern regions - is being successfully solved: Yekaterinburg and Vyatka have now become the cultivation boundary.
Another variety resistant to Russian winters was “Timur”. And he got his name as recognition of unique qualities: invulnerability to frosts and putrefactive diseases, because in translation from Turkic it means “Iron”.
The basis of the crossing process were taken two popular table varieties, characterized by extraordinary taste and agrotechnical characteristics:
- Moldavian grapes Muscovite group "Frumoasa Albe" ("White Beauty"), which has a tasting score of 8.2 points.
The variety is unprecedentedly resistant to diseases and low temperatures. Consumer quality of heavy brushes and significant regular yield - another motive for the selection of "Frumoas Albe" in the parent pair.
The same resistance to minus can boast except that the Beauty of the North, Super Extra and Arched. Table Grapes Delight - the success of Novocherkassk breeding proven over the years.
He slowly mastered the territory atypical for viticulture: Belarus, the Baltic States, Siberia, the Far East.
In terms of sugar accumulation and the severity of the hand, it surpasses the “White Beauty”, it is well preserved on the bush after ripening and maintains its presentation for longer than the Moldovan variety.
The exceptional ability of parent plants to create perennial wood and excellent rooting is another plus perceived by the new hybrid form, called “Timur”.
Advantages and disadvantages
New hybrid inherited from eminent parents:
- self-pollination ability (bisexual flower),
- universal compatibility with stocks,
- early dates of entry into the productive phase (for the 2nd year),
- early maturation (within 100 days),
- active fruiting
- solid weight of the correct brush shape,
- large dense, oval-shaped berries with an exquisite nutmeg aroma,
- thin, easy to bite, peel,
- sugar content exceeding parental norms (25%),
- assessment of resistance to putrefactive disputes in 2.2 points,
- frost resistance index is within 25 ° C.
As for the high sugar content, Angelica, Krasa Nikopol and Lydia have the same sign.
Disadvantages grape varieties "Timur" include:
- shrub bush
- demanding of soil composition and feedings,
- needs rationing.
Amirkhan, Husayne Bely and Vityaz also possess bisexual flowers.
The Timur grape variety photo:
Description of the Timur grape variety
- The bush is powerful (up to 3 meters), with a large number of strong shoots taking a total load of 40 buds. Characterized by:
- reduced terms of readiness for fruiting,
- early end of the vegetative cycle (by mid-August),
- high efficiency of fruitful shoots (70%),
- resistance to fungal diseases, which corresponds to 2.2 points.
- The shoots are strong, capable of ripening 1-2 clusters, aimed at decorative support can be a decoration of landscape design.
- Flower hermaphroditic, assembled in a brush.
- The leaf is dark green, five-blade with deep cuts and teeth along the edge.
- The cluster is friable, cylindrical in shape, on a comb of medium size. Large brush mass (average 800 gr.)
- The elongated large berries are heterogeneous in color in the brush: I have the color of all shades of pink, even purple. The skin is thicker than that of the parent variety, but eaten. Sugar content is higher. Tastes are determined by 8.2 points.
- The hybrid is still under study, therefore frost resistance and vulnerability to fungal diseases are determined by parents as high.
- Transportability of fruits has an average level.
Pink varieties include Pink Flamingo, Annie and Arcadia.
Grapes in the daily diet - the key to a healthy diet.
Dining varieties such as "Timur", extremely convenient for fresh consumption:
- the berry is large and juicy, without excess acid,
- the skin is tender and easily bite,
- grains are small and in small quantities (2-3).
Subspecies of grapes
Grapes "Timur" description of the variety. In general, as a plant variety is characterized by a small force of growth, frost resistance, early ripening and stable fruiting.
- Short stature bush determines the characteristics of the approach to planting it - away from tall fellows who can clog the plant, shading or braiding it with their shoots.
- Young shoots are quickly involved in the fruiting process and able to grow to full maturity up to 3 clusters (efficiency is 95%).
- Flower small, light green, with a female organ - pistil, and masculine - stamens, which are raised above the ovary.
- Sheet not very large, not very cut, wrinkled, without special differences of the reverse side.
- Bunches dense or moderately friable, elongated, with elongated berries of various sizes, the weight of the bunch is up to 600 grams. In the third year of life, when normalized, they can reach 2 kg.
- Berries large (up to 8g.), white-green or yellow-green in the mature phase, with eaten peel and a palatable muscat taste, are not prone to pea.
- Evaluation taste tasting scale - 8.5 points.
- On the strong-growing stock, the variety improves the presentation of fruits, but increases the ripening time.
- You need to be prepared that long pruning will reduce the yield of shoots.
- The quality of the soil can affect the taste of ripe berries.
- Well kept on the bush after ripening without loss of taste, but in transportation is not very stable (only for short distances).
We're the same blood?
It is quite natural that such a promising hybrid form as "Timur", received a continuation in another selection experiment already “OV“ Grape Elite ”(Zaporozhye).
White table grapes "Timur" made a part of the parent pair.
For the emergence of a new hybrid - "Timur pink" (selection code ZT-4-5), the “Red Delight” variety of the Kuban selection was also chosen, giving the new sample a pink color.
Matching the main parameters with white "Timur" his pink descendant added markedly:
- in the growth of the bush (to medium and even large height)
- in the size of the brush (average weight 800 gr.),
- in size and sweetness of berries,
- in the thickness of the skin of the berries, and hence increased transportability.
The daughter form did not reach the optimal maturity of the parent's early maturity (the earliest time is 110 days), and the quality brush "Timur pink" characterized by obvious friability. But the elongated berries turned out to be a delightfully deep pink tone, which makes them the decoration of the garden and festive table.
Rules for the effective use of table varieties:
- up to 1.5 kg of grapes (or 700 ml of juice) can be eaten during the day, dividing this volume into 3 doses (before meals according to the scheme of three meals a day),
- berries are eaten at least 40 minutes (maximum 1.5 hours) before meals,
- even though this berry is habitually perceived by us as a dessert, you should not eat grapes immediately after eating nourishing and fatty foods,
- grapes are not compatible with carbonated drinks and chocolate,
- given the calorie content of this fruit, they can easily be replaced, for example, dinner,
- There are grapes of table varieties needed with the skin and stones, which are high in antioxidants and beneficial elements,
- after the delicacy, you must rinse your mouth, in order to avoid the effects of acid on the tooth enamel
Grapes treat a number of diseases, raise vitality, activate metabolic processes in the body. Treatment by grapes - in other words ampelotherapy - has become today the prestigious option of a sanatorium-resort complex in many countries.
Famous table varieties are Karmakod, Korinka and Alexander.
For a variety of table grapes can be made:
- fresh juice as an element of diet,
- compote from grapes (fresh or pasteurized, from some grapes - with the addition of other fruits),
- fillet - boiled and filtered juice with spices and crushed walnuts,
- marinated grapes as an exquisite component of meat dishes or a kind of snack,
- jelly (without adding gelatin) from grape juice boiled according to a special recipe,
- syrup of highly sugary grape varieties,
- grape jam,
- churchkhela - an oriental sweetness familiar to all,
- low-alcoholic brandy - a product of fermentation of grapes in sugar syrup,
- and a number of recipes for processing characteristic of the regions of growing grapes.
- Inoculation on old stocks is better to do in spring.
- For rootstocks optimally choose strong-growing plants.
- From the planted seedlings should not expect in the near future abundant harvest.
- The best place for this grape variety is under the house wall from the south or south-west side.
- “Timur” prefers light and warm soils, well fertilized with organic matter, with a sufficient content of potassium and nitrogen (without an overabundance).
- With regular watering in the first half of the growing season, from the time the berries ripen, stop watering (except for drought).
- Despite the stated resistance to frost, the variety needs shelter for the winter, especially in the northern regions.
Love the work of your hands - and grape "Timur" will respond with a bountiful harvest of sweet berries.
Grape Timur: description
Despite the unusual name, Timur grapes were bred by a selection method by Russian scientists. For this, varieties such as Delight and Frumoas Albe were used. From their “grandparents”, this grape variety got the best, and truly deserved to be the favorite variety among the most avid winegrowers. Moreover, the Timur grape grows quite well in many climatic conditions, especially in the form of a covering culture.
In principle, it is no secret that for the consumer the most important part of the grape is just a bunch. In the described variety of a cluster of very impressive size, weighing from 400 to 600 g. The berries themselves usually have a conical shape with a small sharp tip or clearly oval, and the structure of the berries is moderately loose. In addition, each individual berry of this variety has a rather large size, about 3 x 2 cm, and its weight is from 6 to 8 grams.
Color and taste of grapes Timur
It is widely believed that the Timur grape variety can boast only white berries, but it is not. There is Timur and with pink berries. Yes, and on the described white grape variety you can see a small brownish or amber “tan”.
One can speak about the taste of this grape for a very long time, as it is truly amazing. And this is due to its dense crispy structure. The uniqueness of the taste gives a high level of sugar accumulation and harmonious indicators of acidity, and the light aroma of musk adds its subtle notes.
Planting a bush, grade yield
You should not plant grapes Timur next to stronger trees or bushes, as the growth power of this variety is average. One of the ways out of this problem is grafting grapes to a stronger bush. This allows Timur to grow more and stronger, and most importantly, the fruiting will be much better. However, there is a minus in this kind of growing grapes - the fruits ripen a little later than on their own roots, about 105-115 days.
If we talk about yield, then Timur belongs to high-yielding and fruitful varieties. On the only one shoot can grow 3 clusters. Shoots themselves grow old very slowly, which means they also continue to bear fruit.
Another undoubted advantage is the good rooting rate of cuttings. This means that it will be easier for the grower to propagate his favorite variety. Fruits of Timur grapes after planting appear already on the 2nd-3rd year. In addition, the Timur grape has flowers of both sexes, and therefore the harvest will always be abundant and stable.
This variety is very resistant to various diseases, especially to gray rot and mildew. Timur is really resistant and can tolerate frosts down to -25 ° C.
The disadvantages of this variety include perhaps the weakness of the trunk and its slow growth. And once the bush is small, it means that there will be fewer shoots than we would like.
When planting such a variety, it must be remembered that it is capricious in relation to the soil in which it is planted. And also need to be more careful in the choice of feeding. Otherwise, the fruit can not wait at all. It should not be planted in heavy ground - the fruits, of course, will be, but the taste may not be at all what it should be. Berries, or rather, their skin will be thick and coarse, and will resemble simple grass, knocking down the sweet taste of the pulp.
Timur grape variety description, photo, which below, attracts with its neat and beautiful view. Shrubs of this variety are small, short and do not take up much space. But despite this, the grapes are high-yielding. Vine has a brown color and is ideal for hedges, as quickly wraps around fences, walls, etc. The leaves are medium sized, three-fingered, have deep notches. White grapes have good frost resistance, it can tolerate temperatures up to -25 degrees Celsius.
Flowers bisexual, self-pollinated.
The white Timur clusters have a cononic or cylindrical shape. Brushes of grapes have an average density, and their weight is usually from 400 grams to 600 grams. Sometimes the brush can grow more, up to 800g.
Of course, these grapes are loved for its fruits, which taste great and look very attractive.
The main characteristic of white grape berries is Timur
- The grapes are oval with a pointed tip. This form is usually called the nipple,
- Berries in white varieties are very bright. They have yellow-green color, and at final maturation they get amber or brown-honey tan,
- The average length is 29mm, and the width is 21mm,
- The berries are quite large. Their weight usually ranges from 6 grams to 8 grams. There are instances and more, the weight of which reaches up to 10 grams,
- The berries are ripening. Harvest usually matures in 105-110 days,
- The skin of white Timur is thin and easy to tear.
- It has a sweet taste and recognizable, well-expressed muscat notes,
- The flesh is thick and crispy,
- High sugar content 25%.
The Timur grape variety is divided into two types, except white there is also a pink Timur. Their characteristic is slightly different.
The main characteristics of the pink grape Timur
- In contrast to the first species, pink grapes differ in the later maturity of berries from 110 days to 130 days. Harvesting usually occurs in the second half of August,
- The average brush weight is 800 grams, sometimes a bit more. Clusters are looser than white grapes
- It has good frost resistance, up to -24 degrees Celsius,
- The sugar content of the fruit is less - 19 - 21%,
- Ripe berries have a very beautiful pink-purple color. The fruits are elongated and rather large,
Both white and Timur pink perfectly tolerate transportation over long distances.
Landing. Growing up. Care
Variety Timur is very easy to plant. Cuttings easily take root in any land. The main thing to remember is that in the soil, which is heavier and accumulates more moisture, the taste of the berries may change and become sour.
Stalks should be planted in spring or autumn before night frosts. Landing should receive a sufficient amount of sunlight. Because of its well-developing root system, it will be able to bear fruit well after 2-3 years.
Another effective way of breeding grapes Timur is grafting. Grafting should be done on a strong-growing, healthy grape bush with a good root system.
In order for the grapes to bring a big and good harvest, you should follow some rules for caring for them:
- Grapes are very fond of moisture, so you need to monitor its quantity and do not forget to water the grapes when it is needed. Especially need to be watered during very hot weather or drought,
- Soil mulching using moss, sawdust, humus,
- To improve the fruiting of grapes, it is necessary to regularly prune the vine (from 25 to 30 peepholes). This will help the bush to properly form,
- Despite the fact that the variety is frost-resistant, it is necessary to cover the bush for the winter. Для того, чтобы правильно защитить ваше растения от холода, вам понадобится: плёнка, земля, еловые ветки. Для начала нужно положить хвойные ветки на землю, создав объёмное «одеяло». Они будут служить первым слоем в конструкции для утепления.As the second layer, you need to use a film that should cover the branches. And in conclusion, all this needs to be covered with earth, the shelter will be like a slight elevation, a mound of soil.
- For high-quality growth in the soil it is necessary to make organic fertilizers,
- It is also worth regularly dealing with weeds and loosening the soil so that the roots get more oxygen.
In general, the Timur variety can get the most common diseases that usually occur in grapes. Especially worth noting is the poor immunity of pink grapes to the grape mite, or as it is also called itchiness. But if this problem is not started, then you can easily get rid of it with the help of chemicals that neutralize the parasite.
In general, in order for your grapes to grow healthy you need to carry out preventive prophylaxis each year, and not to wait until the grapes are overcome by a pest. Spray the plant should be twice a year: before flowering and after harvest. All the necessary tools for this procedure can be found in a specialty store, before that consult with the seller about the more high-quality and necessary chemicals.
This grape, the variety of which is described above, is fond of growing both ordinary gardeners and experienced growers. On the forums, always good reviews leave about two varieties immediately. They are ideally suited for growing in summer cottages, as they take root almost throughout the whole territory of Russia. The grapes are grown for sale, for themselves, to decorate the tables to use it raw or to make juices, wine, raisins, etc.
History of growing grapes varieties Timur
Since 1936, in VNIIViV them. ME AND. Potapenko, a selection work is underway to create complex-resistant grape varieties that can withstand the harsh climate of the northern zone. Long-term selection made it possible to distinguish more than 40 hybrid forms of grapes, differing in extraordinary characteristics. Among them is the well-known grape variety Timur, which was created by a team of breeders under the leadership of I.A. Kostrikina.
The original name of this variety was designated by the first letters of the parental pair: FV-2–5, where F is the Moldavian Frumoas Albe grape, which means “White Beauty” in Moldavian and V is Delight, a hybrid of the research institute's own selection. Later the variety was renamed to Timur (in Turkic it means “iron”). The name itself is synonymous with endurance and endurance varieties.
Timur is unprecedentedly invulnerable to fungal diseases and frosts, he has many virtues inherited from the "parents". And yet, the hybrid largely surpassed them and is one of the reference varieties.
The grade has received the continuation in a new hybrid form, having acted as the crossed material with Delight red. This is how Timur rose appeared, with a more powerful bush and brushes, more sugar accumulation, good transportability, but with longer maturation and less disease resistance. Therefore, despite the delicious pink color and incomparable taste of berries, experienced gardeners prefer the “parent” - white Timur. Although, you see, its clusters will be an ornament to even the most festive table.
Timur pink has a delightful pink color
Description of the grape variety Timur
Timur grapes belong to very early table grape varieties with a ripening period of 105-115 days. Clusters weighing 400–800 g are covered with white berries with a yellow tinge, giving off amber shine at full ripeness. Hybrid berries have a nipple shape, reaching a weight of 6–8 g. Despite their thin, tearing skin, their flesh is quite dense and crispy. The exquisite nutmeg aroma gives a special refinement to the variety. According to sugar accumulation, Timur is ahead of the parent plants (25%).
Clusters of Timur can reach a weight of up to 800 g
Light green grape flowers are bisexual, gathered in a brush, which contributes to Timur's stable yield thanks to the ability to self-pollinate. Wrinkled sheet of saturated green color, five-blade and notched along the edges. The variety is resistant to common fungal diseases of grapes mildew and oidium, frost resistance -25 ° C.
Characteristic grape varieties Timur
Cottages Timur fell in love with the ease of reproduction. Grape cuttings root well, and any stock is suitable for grafting.
Vigorous rootstocks contribute to greater yield and better quality of the clusters, but they increase the ripening period of Timur's berries by almost a week.
The shrubs of the variety themselves are weak-growing, so they are planted far from the grape bushes of high vitality so that they do not drown out Timur with their strong-growing shoots.
Branches of perennial wood differ in fruitfulness, on each shoot up to 3 clusters of regular conical shape. Berries do not spoil for a long time on the bush after aging. Fast readiness for fruiting (for the 2nd year after planting) is another plus of this variety.
If the number of clusters to normalize, you can achieve weight up to 2 kg. The vine of grapes can additionally serve as an ornament of landscape design of the territory, braiding arches, arbors, other elements of the house.
In the northern regions, Timur is grown as a covering culture.
Features of planting and growing grapes Timur
Grapes can be planted in the fall and spring. The south or southwest side under the walls of the buildings will be the best place for this variety. Use own-rooted (propagated by cuttings) or grafted seedlings. Planting material can also be obtained from seeds, but this method of propagation is rarely used through some difficulties: the process is very long and laborious.
What kind of soil does grapes like?
For planting Timur seedlings loamy or sandy soil, which is quite fertile, warm and moisture-consuming, will be more suitable. In other cases, it will require cultivation of the soil. After all, a variety requires its certain acidity (pH 5.5–7.0). Therefore, they try to saturate the light and heavy soil with organic fertilizers, and if necessary they lime it. In addition, to improve the moisture capacity of light soil, make it clay.
On heavy, poor soils, Timur grapes lose their taste, contain less sugar and become tart!
What seedlings are better to take for planting?
According to experienced gardeners, one-year-olds take root faster and adapt to the new environment, which is important for the Central region of Russia. They can be found on sale more often than biennial seedlings. The cheapest option will be planting cuttings at once to a permanent place, but the entry of such a vine into the fruiting phase will begin several years later.
Own-rooted seedlings have proven themselves in areas with a not too harsh climate, grown on nutrient cultivated soil. For growing varieties in areas with severe winters with little snow, it is better to take grafted seedlings on frost-resistant and phylloxera-resistant rootstocks.
What should I look for when choosing seedlings for planting?
- What is the condition of the seedling root system? It should not be damaged, not dried, without signs of disease, with several heel roots (at least 3) with a diameter of more than 2 mm.
- Pay attention to the height of the seedling! It must be at least 0.4 m.
- How many eyes are there on young growth? Normally matured vine has 4–5 buds.
- If the seedling already has leaves, they should not be small and damaged.
Digging a hole for planting grapes, separate the top and bottom layers of soil, folding the soil into different piles. For fertilizer use 2 buckets of rotted plant residues or manure, 200-250 g of phosphate-potassium fertilizers.
At the bottom of the pit lay the drainage layer, which may be fine gravel, expanded clay, broken bricks (at least 15 cm). Stepping back to the cm from the intended location of the seedling, they drive in a pipe (60–100 mm in diameter). Later, it will become a convenient way to apply fertilizer and water the vine. The first third of the pit in the form of a hill is filled with a part of the soil, taken from the upper, more fertile layer, and mixed with mineral fertilizers and 1 bucket of organic matter. A mound is poured over with water (20 liters) and waited until it is completely absorbed. After this, the roots of the seedling are evenly distributed over the mound and directed down with the calculation so that 2–4 eyes are left on the surface. The mound is covered with the second half of the top layer of soil mixed with the remaining organic matter. And, finally, finally fill the hole with soil from the less nutritious lower layer of the dug hole, compact the soil around it well, and water it plentifully again. Thus, the fertile soil will be at a sufficient depth for the root system of the grapes, to which Timur is demanding.
Preparation of a landing hole for grapes
Note! If the seedling is less than 40 cm, when planting, its upper part will be below the soil level. In this case, the pit does not fall asleep to the top, waiting for the shoots to grow.
The pit size on medium lightness is 60x60 cm, on light and heavy ones - 80x80 cm. The distance between seedlings should be at least 1 m, and between rows - 1.5–2.5 m.
To reduce the risk of temperature fluctuations, to improve the water-air exchange of the root system of a plant, hilling seedlings or mulch planting with organic materials would not be superfluous. Spruce needles are not recommended for mulch, as they greatly increase the acidity of the soil. Some gardeners immediately after planting seedlings cover them with plastic bottles or other covering materials to protect tender plants from sunburn.
In the first year after planting, in normal development, the seedling has 2 shoots about 1 m, with a diameter of 6–7 mm. If there are more shoots, in the fall their number is normalized to 2, doing pruning. Growing vines tie up, not allowing to touch the ground.
Like other grape varieties, Timur needs shaping and pruning. In autumn, no more than 10 buds are left on each fertile vine and shelter is made for the winter.
The best covering material of the grape bush are branches of reeds, fir branches, sheets of old slate.
In the spring, continuing the formation of the bush, young shoots are removed and 30 eyes are left. It is this kind of cluster load, at which the plant will develop normally, and the berries will not lose their taste, is optimal for the variety.
The amount of watering is regulated by weather conditions. The grapes themselves will signal a lack of moisture with their drooping leaves. Most of all the grapevine needs watering during bud break, after flowering, and when the first berries begin to grow. Watering is done manually with warm, poured water into the pipe (if present) or into the trunk circle.
Note! At the time of flowering and ripening berries watering excluded. Flowers can fall off and crack berries!
Notwithstanding the resistance of the variety to diseases and pests, Timur is difficult to protect from the defeat of the grape mite. On top of the grape leaves, you can notice characteristic bulges, and from the bottom - a yellow-gray downy shade, which, unlike mildew, is not erased. Therefore, you should purchase seedlings only in garden centers and specialized nurseries.
To deal with the grape mite is quite difficult. If there are signs of infection at the end of the season, the vine can be treated with chemicals containing sulfur: Karbofos, Fufanon, Tiovit-Jet, etc. (according to the instructions). At the same time try to capture the lower side of the foliage where the tick lives.
A fluff from the underside of a grape leaf indicates the presence of a tick
More recently, I scolded this variety for small clusters and poor pollination. But when I tried a mature Timur - this is just a miracle! Real sweet and crunchy grapes! I have two bushes, and everything is different: the strength of growth, and clusters. But the taste is the same - great! Saw a familiar grower - clusters 500-800 gr. Probably a lot of decides the stock of perennial wood.
Timur is one of my favorite varieties. Suppose the clusters are not too large (on average, 300–400 grams), but then the early, sweet, crisp flesh and the berry is long. After ripening, it hangs until late autumn without spoiling; only the berries take on more sugar and become dried up. Grows 2 bush.
For yourself, you can plant an unpretentious Timur grape variety, which is table variety, early, large berries, crisp, dense pulp of berries, with nutmeg aroma, high sugar content, shoots ripen well, multiplies easily, resistant to mildew, frost-resistant.
The Timur grape variety is time-tested and grown in all regions of the former Soviet Union, including the northern one. If you do not have grapes on the plot yet, you will never regret choosing Timur as the standard of grape perfection.
Timur is a table type of grapes, created by crossing varieties of Delight and Frumoas Albe. Their maturation occurs equally, besides they have excellent resistance to diseases. Grapes Timur inherited just such positive properties.
Maturation of the variety occurs in a short time of 105-113 days. Fruits steadfastly resist fungi, so care will be very simple. There are 2 types of varieties: white and pink. The second is considered by summer residents not to be in great demand, since its ripening takes longer, and it does not bear fruit as abundantly as white.
Description grape Timur allows you to distinguish it from many others. The vine has a brown color. Its leaves are three-lobed, dissected. The bush is short and occupies a small area. Weaving fences and arches occurs quickly, so it is used to produce hedges, gazebos and other garden decorations.
Description of the grape variety Timur affects its berries. The white species is distinguished by cylindrical or conical clusters weighing 400-600 g. The berries are yellow-green in color, with maturation they turn brownish and amber-honey. The length of the berry is 29 mm, and width - 21 mm, weight 6-8 g. Grapes of this variety are elongated, may have a pointed tip. Their flesh is dense, crunchy, muscat aroma is present. The skin of the fruit is thin.
Description Timur grape pink species differs from the previous one. It has loose clusters weighing 800 g. Large berries have a pink-purple color, their length is up to 35 mm, and width is up to 21 mm. Its average weight is 9-10 g. Peel has a pink, purple color. The pulp has a sweet taste. As evidenced by reviews of many gardeners, the white variety is their most sought after.
White grape Timur ripens quickly. If good conditions are created, this happens 105 days after landing. If the power of growth is average, then the yield will be high. The main characteristics include:
- Sugar content - 17-24 g / 100 ml.
- Acidity - 6-9 g / l.
Resistance to diseases and pests
The variety perfectly resists oidium and mildew, perfectly surviving frosts (up to -25 degrees). It is maintained for a long period, capable of carrying freight. An itch mite may appear on the leaves of a bush, but it is not capable of causing much damage.
Pink Timur ripens longer, it takes 115-125 days. The yield is lower compared to the white subspecies. Sugar content is 19-21 g / 100 ml, and acidity is 6-7 g / l. Pink and white species are resistant to mildew and oidium, are well transported, can winter without harm with temperatures of up to -24 degrees. Most gardeners consider the variety to be ideal for cultivation; you just need to create suitable conditions for it.
The grape Timur tastes great. And since it is easy to store and transport, it is used for fresh sale. Berries are suitable for juice and wine. Sweet pink look can zayumlivatsya on a branch, but if you collect, process berries in a timely manner, you get a wonderful raisin.
Advantages and disadvantages
The Timur grape variety of the white species has the following advantages:
- Early ripening.
- Wonderful taste of berries, delicate skin.
- Resistance to diseases.
- Excellent cold resistance.
- It grows on different soils of Russia.
- Easy to transport and store.
But the white view has drawbacks:
- Low power growth.
- With moist and heavy soil, the skin of the fruit will have a grassy taste that disappears when ripe.
The advantages of the pink species include:
- Rapid ripening.
- The density of clusters of large berries.
- Excellent sugar content of the pulp.
- Resistance to frost.
- Resistance to fungi.
- Safety during transportation.
Of the drawbacks of the pink species are:
- The presence of thick skin.
- Ability to zayumlivaniya on the branch.
- Instability to the effects of grape mite.
According to reviews, Timur grapes are easy to grow. Gardeners are advised to use some recommendations. It should be planted in the spring or in the middle of autumn, before the cold weather. In the northern part of the country it is better to do in early October. The shrub is able to grow on different soils. He is not advised to plant on wet and heavy soils, because then get tart and acidic fruits. Excellent yield is possible only with light, loose, fertile soil.
Liana multiplies with:
Seedlings need to be planted. Под них предварительно надо подготовить яму с дренажем и почвой с удобрениями. Слои должны осесть, после чего можно выполнять посадку. В серединке ямы устанавливается опора. Корни куста опускают на среднюю глубину.
Корневая шейка должна быть выше слоя грунта. После засыпания все поливается, подвязывается к опоре. Можно досыпать грунт, который разбавляется с перепревшими опилками. Harvesting cuttings occurs in the fall. A vaccination is required at this time. Until autumn, they are stored under sand in a cool room with a temperature of at least +12 degrees. On the cuttings should be no more than 2-3 eyes. If you plant the grape variety Timur correctly, then this will allow you to get excellent fruit.
According to reviews, the Timur grape variety requires simple care. Shrub loves moisture. He needs abundant watering, especially during the appearance of the first flowers and the formation of berries. Perform this procedure better mulching. To do this, use moss or sawdust.
Grapes need constant feeding. You can use the usual organic. Nitrogen fertilizers need to be added at the rate. To get a good harvest the bush must be cut. Used short and long pruning. The basic rules of this procedure include:
- On the bush should be 20-30 eyes.
- The maximum number of eyes on the shoot - 10-12 pieces.
- Increase the mass of the clusters will turn out if you leave on the escape of 7-8 eyes.
The grape variety is resistant to diseases, but prevention does not hurt. It is necessary to regularly spray a bush using fungicides. It should be done 2 times a year: before flowering and after harvest. The leaves are attacked by an itch, especially the pink variety. Sulfur-based treatment is performed for protection.
Grapes grow well with heat, it is harmful to severe frosts. In the northern regions of the bushes do not survive without winter insulation. For shelter is used soil, spruce branches or reeds. Proper planting and care will allow you to get a great harvest.