Food preservation greatly simplifies the process of daily cooking for each housewife. This is no secret to anyone. Harvested vegetables and fruits allow you to always have on hand the right component to make this or that dish. No need to go shopping and spend time processing and preparing the original products. It is much easier to get the right jar from the shelf and solve the problem without additional efforts.
It is difficult to imagine the first or second courses, which do not use tomatoes in one form or another. This unique vegetable is used not only to complement and decorate. It is a part of various sauces and zazharok, without which many dishes lose not only the appearance, but also the unique taste and aroma peculiar to them. The ideal option for harvesting tomatoes, no doubt, is considered canning in a natural fill. For this you need to know how to make tomatoes in their own juice. There is nothing difficult. You just need to gradually perform the necessary actions. And the result will be guaranteed.
As you know, how many people - so many opinions. Therefore, each housewife has his own recipe on how to make tomatoes in their own juice. But they all share a clear sequence that must be observed in the cooking process. The process itself takes very little time. It will take no more than two hours to have jars of delicious tomatoes floating in a fragrant pouring on the table.
So, how to make tomatoes in their own juice? First you need to prepare the necessary source products. For canning it is better to take small vegetables. They are easier to put in banks. And for the preparation of a liquid medium, you can use several large tomatoes.
Of the products you may need: 2 kilograms of small 3 kilograms of large tomatoes, 2 regular tablespoons of sugar and salt.
The process itself consists of several main stages:
- Wash vegetables thoroughly.
- Small tomatoes neatly folded in jars to the top. Pre-peel them need to pierce with a needle in several places.
- Randomly cut large tomatoes, put them in a saucepan and bring slowly to a boil under a lid.
- Then rub the mixture through a sieve. The result is a natural tomato juice.
- Add the required amount of salt and sugar for every 1.5 liters of hot mass, carefully move.
- Pour the mixture into the jars, cover them with a lid and pasteurize them into a wide container with boiling water for 8-10 minutes.
- Banks clog and turn upside down. Leave in this position until cool. You can store them anywhere.
This is the easiest, but not the only way to make tomatoes in their own juice at home. There are others.
In cooking, cooking tomatoes in their own juice is usually done in two ways. It all depends on the type of main source product. For conservation can be used unpeeled or peeled tomatoes. Here cooking technology is a little different. The process will be as follows:
- Rinse small tomatoes.
- In several places, each tomato slit the peel.
- Vegetables folded in a pan with boiling water, cover tightly with a lid and leave in this state for 15-20 minutes.
- After the time the tomatoes are taken out of the water, peeled and carefully placed in pre-sterilized jars.
- Grind the remaining tomatoes in a meat grinder, boil the mixture obtained over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Then add sugar and salt.
- The resulting hot mixture pour the contents of the cans and tightly close with metal lids. Sterilized in this case is not necessary.
Such tomatoes can not only be eaten as a separate dish. They are perfect for making various flavored sauces.
Very tasty tomatoes in their own juice can be prepared without the use of any additives. This is done extremely simply:
- Remove fruit from well-washed vegetables.
- Tomatoes randomly chop. Pieces must be large enough.
- Put the products in the pan and put on a small fire. After boiling mass boil for about 20 minutes.
- Put the prepared mixture in prepared jars and roll up.
A simple recipe for tomatoes in their own juice for the winter without sterilization
All that is needed for this recipe is tomatoes, salt and sugar. For 1 liter of juice required 1 tbsp. salt spoon
On two 1 liter jars we will need:
- small tomatoes - 1.2 kg
- large tomatoes - 1.8 kg
- salt - 2 tbsp. l
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l
- vinegar 9% - 2 tbsp. l
In this case, do I need vinegar, I have no question. Yes, because the recipe without sterilization is needed, and I don’t want my banks to explode in the winter.
To prepare tomato juice, we use large, overripe, fleshy fruits, with a uniform bright red color. We clean the stalks, wash under running water.
Blanch tomatoes in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then immediately cool with cold.
The skin of the fruit is easily separated from the pulp.
Peeled tomatoes cut into slices, put in a saucepan.
Blender chop the sliced fruit until smooth.
Add salt and sugar to the tomato mass and set on fire. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and boil for 20 minutes, stirring constantly and removing the foam. At the end of cooking add vinegar.
To put in jars we take whole tomatoes of small size, plum or round shape. With dense pulp and elastic skin.
In the area of the stem, we make a puncture of the fetus with a toothpick to a depth of 1 cm. This will prevent the tomatoes from cracking when heated with hot water and will not spoil the presentation. We put them in banks, more tightly.
Fill the jars with hot water, in small portions, to the very top and leave for 10 minutes. Then pour the water into a saucepan, bring to a boil, boil for 3 minutes and pour tomatoes again for 2-3 minutes. If you have small fruits with delicate skin, pour them a second time there is no need.
Drain the water and immediately pour boiling tomato juice under the very cover. It is important that no air is left in the can. Tightly close the screw caps, turn upside down, check for leaks. We wrap up with a blanket and leave it for a day until it cools completely, all this time the tomatoes will be sterilized.
We observe them for a couple of weeks so that they do not explode, and then we remove them for long-term storage in a cool, dark room.
I hope that this step-by-step recipe will help you to prepare awesome, sweet tomatoes without any sterilization. In winter, we use them as a side dish for meat and fish dishes.
Cherry tomatoes in their own juice with sterilization
Recently, baby cherry became fashionable. These tiny beautiful fruits have a very bright and intense tomato flavor. They have high sugar content, more nutrients and vitamins than their large counterparts. Fruits until frost, and for a long time stored fresh, while maintaining an excellent appearance and taste, great for preservation for the winter.
Canned large tomatoes with slices in their own juice for the winter
Grown on the garden large tomatoes weighing more than 150 grams. Gorgeous, with tender fleshy flesh, but they did not "want to go into the jar." To save for the winter, we cut into large slices.
The calculation of the product is given for 1 liter jar.
- tomatoes - how much will fit in the bank
- salt - 1 tbsp. l without top
- sugar - 1 tsp. with slide
- bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Pepper mix - 5-8 pcs.
The most delicious tomatoes in tomato juice (a very simple recipe without vinegar)
And I want to tell you this way. Tomatoes here are selected different small varieties - "cherry", "honey drop", "cherry". Although, you can put in the banks any varieties that you have. Just so fun.
Ingredients for 4 liter jars:
- Tomatoes (you can take several different varieties) - 2.5 kg
- Tomato juice - 1-2 liters (depending on the size of your vegetables)
- Carnation - 1 pc per can
- Black pepper peas - 4 pcs per jar
- Allspice - 1 pc per jar
- Salt - 2 tablespoons per 1 liter of potting
- Sugar - 3 tablespoons per 1 liter of potting
1. Pour the juice into the pan, add the salt and sugar. Place on the stove before boiling. In the meantime, get some vegetables.
2. At the bottom of dry sterile jars, place the cloves, black peppercorns and allspice. Next, start filling the top with tomatoes.
3. Now carefully pour the boiled juice over the cans to the top.
4. Cover the jars with lids. Take a pan and lay some cotton cloth on the bottom. Then put the jars in there and fill it with warm or hot water so that it covers 3/4 jars. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat a little and sterilize for 20 minutes.
5. Then carefully remove the jars so as not to burn yourself. Roll them up with lids and, by tradition, turn them upside down and leave to cool. Keep in a cool place.
My favorite tomato recipe for winter in my juice without sterilization
I really like this method of preparation. I like to take yellow varieties of tomatoes, such as "pineapple" or "orange", for juice. It turns out such a cool yellow color, but at the same time useful and taste does not suffer.
- Tomatoes - 6 kg
- Tomatoes (soft) - 6 kg
- Sugar - 1 tsp to 1 liter of juice
- Salt - 1 tablespoon to 1 liter of juice
1. Take soft tomatoes, wash and dry. Squeeze them through the juicer. You can also bring them to the desired state and with the help of a blender. Then pour it into the pan and place it on the stove. Add sugar and salt there. Bring to a boil and leave to simmer, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
From 6 kg of tomatoes I get about 4 liters of juice.
2. Lay the remaining vegetables in sterile jars and fill with boiling water up to the top. Cover and leave for 10-15 minutes.
3. By that time, tomato filling will be ready. Drain boiling water from cans and pour hot juice.
4. Tighten the jars with lids and turn them over to self-sterilize. Wrap a warm blanket and leave to cool. Store them preferably in a cool place.
Tomatoes in their own juice without skin (delicious preserves for the winter)
When you peel the tomatoes, they are even more tender. The fork easily enters the flesh and there is no such nasty spray. And what they are delicious, just yummy fingers.
- Small tomatoes - 3 kg
- Tomatoes for juice (soft varieties) - 2 kg
- Salt - 80 gr
- Sugar - 50 gr
1. Make a cross on the cross of small tomatoes at the top, put them in a dish or pan and cover with boiling water. Hold and pull out a little. After that, remove the skin. She will walk away easily. And also very carefully, so as not to spoil the tomatoes, cut the stem. Then place them in prepared sterilized jars, leaving a little space on top.
2. Grind soft tomatoes with a submersible blender. If you have a juicer, it is better, of course, to use it. Then pour the resulting juice into a saucepan, add salt and sugar. Bring it to a boil and keep it still on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring and removing the foam.
3. After that, pour our fill on the banks, cover with lids. Next, sterilize. Put a rag on the bottom of the pan and place the jars. Bring to a boil and hold for another 10 minutes (if the can is 1 liter).
4. Carefully remove the jars from the hot boiling water and immediately tighten the lids tightly. Turn them over and wrap them with a towel or blanket. Leave to cool. Then store for storage in a cool place.
How to make tomatoes in their own juice with tomato paste (without skin)
Here is another simple option, where our tomatoes are laid in a can without skin. Such preparations turn out incredibly tasty. Be sure to try, highly recommended.
Peel the skin off as described above - make cuts from the top and scald with boiling water, and then remove the skin.
- Tomatoes (without skin) - 3 kg
- Water - 2 l
- Tomato paste - 380 gr
- Salt - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Acetic essence 70% - 2 teaspoons
- Bay leaf - 3 pieces
1. Spread the cleaned vegetables in pre-sterilized jars as tightly as you can.
2. Pour hot boiling water into the jars and cover with lids. Leave them for 10 minutes to stand in this position.
3. In the meantime, let's marinade. Pour water into the pot and put it on fire. Wait for boiling and add sugar, salt, pepper and bay pepper. Boil for 5 minutes, then add vinegar and turn off immediately.
4. Pour all the water out of the cans and pour tomato marinade. Twist the lids and wrap the jars with a warm blanket until cool. Then clean in a cool place.
How to preserve tomatoes in their own juice with grated horseradish and garlic in jars
Another very interesting recipe for little fans. Tomatoes turn out to be quite savory. It is done very easily and quickly. You will spend less than an hour on all the cooking.
- Tomatoes (small, dense) - 2 kg
- Juice tomatoes - 2 kg
- Bulgarian pepper - 250 gr
- Bitter pepper - to taste (I add 1/4 pod)
- Horseradish chopped - 60 gr
- Garlic - 5-6 cloves
- Salt - 2 tablespoons
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons
- Pepper - 8-10 pcs per jar
1. Put peppercorns on the bottom of the sterilized jars. Then spread out small dense tomatoes. Pour boiling water and leave for 30 minutes.
2. At this time, while we fill. Scroll through the rest of the tomatoes in a blender (grinder, juicer). Pour the resulting juice into a saucepan, add sugar, salt and put on the fire.
3. Wash and clean the peppers from the seeds and slice for convenience. Clean the root of horseradish. Grind all these vegetables in a blender. After the juice boils, add the chopped vegetables and boil for 10 minutes.
4. When 30 minutes have passed, pour boiling water from the cans and pour the tomato filling. Twist the covers, turn and wrap a blanket. Leave to cool. Then store for storage in a cool place.
Well, dear friends, I told you all the recipes that I know and use them myself. Choose your favorite and make wonderful and very tasty tomatoes for the winter.
Option 1 is not sterilized
Based on 3 l jar we need:
- 2 liters of tomato juice, it can be obtained from 2 kg of ripe tomatoes
- 3 kg of small tomatoes, varieties of cream, can be any
- 3 tbsp. Sahara
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 pieces of allspice or black peppercorns
Tomatoes in their own juice for the winter without sterilization and without vinegar
- Spin Tomatoes (Medium)
- Juice tomatoes (large, fleshy)
- In a liter jar of tomatoes takes about 0.5 liters of tomato juice.
1. Wash and sterilize the jars in advance, boil the lids for 3-5 minutes.
2. Tomatoes are sorted out and mine. Large, ripe, fleshy and damaged tomatoes will twist on the juice for pouring. The rest of the tomatoes are of medium size, which will fill the banks, cut off the stem.
3. The first thing we do, we will make juice. Large, fleshy tomatoes need to pierce and pour boiling water to remove them from the skin. Cut tomatoes and scroll with a meat grinder or juicer. Then rub the mass through a sieve.
To make tomato juice separately for the winter, you need to bring the mashed mass to a boil, and cook 3-4 minutes from the moment of boiling. Add salt and sugar is not necessary. We pour the juice on sterilized jars and roll up the lids. Juice is perfectly stored all winter.
4. Now we will be engaged in the preparation of pouring (tomato juice). For 1 liter of tomato juice, add 1 tablespoon of salt (no slides) and 1 teaspoon of sugar. In a liter jar of tomatoes takes about 0.5 liters of tomato juice.
5. Ship the pot with tomato juice to the stove. From the moment of boiling, he should boil for 5 minutes. Constantly stir, so as not to form a foam. With constant stirring, it disappears.6. While preparing the juice, we will deal with tomatoes. Fill the jars with tomatoes, cutting off the stem of a tomato. We don’t put any spices, fill them with boiling water so that they warm up well.
7. Cover with metal lids and leave them alone for 10 minutes to warm up.
8. While our jars are warming up, let's pour in (tomato juice). Jars are heated, and we go to the stove to deal with the juice. 10 minutes should pour our fill. We do not remove the foam, but just stir it. Now we go to our banks and we will fill in tomato juice.
9. 10 minutes have passed. We return again to our banks. We put on a convenient cover for water discharge.
10. Water is poured, we no longer need it.
If foam is formed in the saucepan with tomato juice, we do not remove it, but mix up our pouring and it disappears.
11. Fill our tomatoes with hot tomato juice. Salt and sugar in tomato juice, we can adjust ourselves to your taste. You can even roll up without salt and sugar. This option is also possible. Tomatoes at the expense of their acid will be very well stand.
12. After pouring the tomato, immediately roll up the banks.
13. As soon as we rolled up, the jars should be turned over and wrapped up with a blanket until it cools completely.
В нашем рецепте нет ни уксуса, ни лимонной кислоты, без специй и хранятся они в любых условиях. Эти томаты натуральные и очень вкусные, их можно кушать даже детишкам маленьким.
Удачных вам заготовок.
Tomatoes in own juice with slices - a simple recipe with sterilization
Today I want to share with you a simple recipe for harvesting tomatoes. In winter, how tasty it is to open a jar of tomatoes during lunch.
For this procurement will need 1 liter jars. We do not twist these tomatoes, we do not squeeze the juice. Due to the fact that the slices of tomatoes are sterilized, tomatoes give juice. They can simply be eaten, used for borscht, it is possible in a hodgepodge, yes anywhere. Wherever tomatoes are required, this preparation can be used. It is universal. This harvest comes to our rescue, as there is no need to freeze the tomatoes.
- Banks -1 liter (can not be sterilized)
- Covers - Sterilize
- Granulated sugar
- Pepper Mix Pepper
- Allspice Peas - optional
- Bay leaf
- Lemon acid
At the bottom of the jar we put 5-6 peas of pepper, 2 peas of allspice (optional), 1 bay leaf
In this preparation is not worth putting garlic, dill umbrellas, nor any herbs.
We start cutting tomatoes, remove all the irregularities, the core and cut the slices of tomatoes, it should not be ground in this blank.
We put our tomatoes in banks, shake them so that the tomatoes lie tightly and there are no voids.
In each bank put 1 tbsp. spoon with a hill of sugar, 1 tbsp. spoon (no slides) coarse salt. and on the tip of a knife citric acid, in order to play it safe, so that our tomatoes do not explode who stores the workpiece home in the apartment.
Cover the jars with clean covers and ship them to be sterilized.
Water for sterilization is brought to a boil. At the bottom of something you need to spread. When the water boils it is necessary to pick up a little hot water and pour cold there, when we put the banks so that they do not burst.
We put our jars to be sterilized. We put gradually, do not sharply set so that they do not burst. You can pour a little water. Sterilization time for all cans is different.
All close the lid and leave to be sterilized.
During sterilization with a spoon from above we help them to condense. Tomatoes begin to secrete juice and settle.
We put more tomatoes on top. Sterilize until the tomatoes are covered with juice. Sterilization time is difficult to determine, it all depends on the cans and temperature. Cover the jars again with the lids and also close the lids on top. The approximate sterilization time is 40 minutes.
Our banks are sterilized, roll them, turn over and close until completely cooled.
Our tomatoes in their own juice turned out very tasty.
Enjoy all the blanks!
Tomatoes in their own juice: a recipe with horseradish and garlic for the winter
- wash cans, lid boil for 3-5 minutes
- medium solid tomatoes - 2 kg
- tomatoes for refueling - 2 kg
- Bulgarian red pepper - 250 gr
- horseradish chopped - 1/4 cup
- crushed garlic - 1/4 cup
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- bell pepper
- salt coarse - 2 tbsp. l
- Tomatoes and pepper and sort out my. Large, ripe, fleshy and overripe tomatoes will be twisted in a meat grinder for juice to pour. The rest of the tomatoes are of medium size, which will be laid in banks, cutting off the stem. Cut into small slices of Bulgarian pepper.
- The first thing we do, we will make juice for pouring. Large, fleshy tomatoes need to be cut and scrolled in a meat grinder. Add Bulgarian pepper, chopped horseradish and garlic, 4 tbsp. spoon of sugar, 2 tbsp. spoons of salt and set on fire.
- After boiling, boil for another 10 to 12 minutes, stirring gently.
- We put our tomatoes in clean jars, add 5 peas of black pepper and pour it in tomato juice.
- Banks are set to be sterilized in boiling water liter - 10 minutes, three liter - 30 minutes.
- Our banks are sterilized, roll them, turn over and close until completely cooled.
- We remove our tomatoes for storage.